VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The immobilizer light on the dash is flashing, HELP!

I was away for a month and when I returned the battery was dead.

the car wouldn't turn over so I charged the battery and it still won't turn over.

I noticed the immobilizer light was flashing.

I am the second oner of the car and i can't fibd the radio code card or the key code tag.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I expect the immo is probably a bit messed up with the battery going flat but if the immo kicks in it just lets the car start and then shuts it down a couple of seconds later, the car should still fire up even if the immo is causing a problem. You could try disconnecting the battery leads and holding them together for 30 seconds and try that, bizzare but it seems to work for some people, also you could try leaving the key in the ignition with the ignition on for 30 minutes and see if that sorts it out, worth a shot anyway.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flashing immo

thanks again,

I just disconnected the "trigger switch" and measured the voltage.

It was the same as the battery 11.6 volts, which is low.

I guess that could be why the starter won't turn over.

Also, I guess that means that the immobilizer is not preventing the car from being started.

It just means the starter is shot or the voltage is too low.

·
Super Moderator
9,579 Posts
So whats the actual battery voltage reading, also measure it while its trying to crank over, it could be a duff battery?

As Seatman says the immobilizer won't stop it turning over. If it did start then stop after a second or two then the immobilizer is working.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
To low, when a battery is good it usually reads above 12v so that expains why the immo light is flashing and the engine wont crank.:)

"It was the same as the battery 11.6 volts"

11.6v Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts