VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2006 VW beetle 1.9tdi new to the VW world just to drive to work and around town. I am having a issue when I try to take off from a stop the car is wanting to shut off, if you press the pedal fast it will shut off every time ease into the pedal and it almost never shuts off. One thing to note the camshaft senor is unplugged if plugged in the car will not start..... the previous owner did take it to a VW shop and they noted the cam sensing gear tabs was bent they did straightened them, I don't currently have a VCDS thinking I should order one. It does have two codes P0263 and P0272 contribution/balance problem with #1 and #4 cylinder.

Any advice would be great thank you!

Here is a list of the stuff I have done

New timing belt/ head reworked timing belt broke. "previous owner"
New ac compressor
Oil filter
Oil
Fuel filter
Coolant flush
Thermostat Replaced
Serpentine belt Replaced
Crankshaft position sensor
Fresh fuel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanna say its gonna be the cam sensor issue...

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Is that a BEW or ALH engine? From the sounds of it I am thinking lift pump but if its an ALH you dont have a lift pump

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would check your lift pump to make sure its running and sending plenty of fuel forward to the tandem pump.
thanks for the reply! I will do some research and look into it!

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
VAG Error Code: 16647/6121/5046

EOBD II Error Code: P0263

Fault Location:
Fuel Injector for Cylinder 1 (N30) Piezoelectric Injector - Contribution/Balance Fault

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.
Engine Control Module (ECM).

Tech Notes:
Clogged or partially clogged fuel injector can cause this code. Start by performing an injector flush before replacing the injector.

Description:
Code P0263 is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the acceleration rate of the crankshaft for Cylinder 1 was less than a calibrated amount. During normal conditions the Engine Control Module (ECM) turns the Fuel Injectors ON and OFF in the Fuel Injection System.

VAG Error Code: 16656/5047/000626

EOBD II Error Code: P0272

Fault Location:
Fuel Injector for Cylinder 4 (N33) Piezoelectric Injector - Contribution/Balance Fault

Possible Cause:
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.

Tech Notes:
Clogged or partially clogged fuel injector can cause this code. Start by performing an injector flush before replacing the injector.

Description:
Code P0272 is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the acceleration rate of the crankshaft for Cylinder 4 was less than a calibrated amount. During normal conditions the Engine Control Module (ECM) turns the Fuel Injectors ON and OFF in the Fuel Injection System.

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

Reactions: Rwman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Y

Fault Location:
Fuel Injector for Cylinder 1 (N30) Piezoelectric Injector - Contribution/Balance Fault

Possible Cause:
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.

Tech Notes:

Description:
Code P0263 is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the acceleration rate of the crankshaft for Cylinder 1 was less than a calibrated amount. During normal conditions the Engine Control Module (ECM) turns the Fuel Injectors ON and OFF in the Fuel Injection System.

Fault Location:
Fuel Injector for Cylinder 4 (N33) Piezoelectric Injector - Contribution/Balance Fault

Possible Cause:
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.

Tech Notes:

Description:
Code P0272 is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects that the acceleration rate of the crankshaft for Cylinder 4 was less than a calibrated amount. During normal conditions the Engine Control Module (ECM) turns the Fuel Injectors ON and OFF in the Fuel Injection System.

[/QUreplace the 2 injectors then

Fault Location:

Possible Cause:
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.

Tech Notes:

Description:

Fault Location:

Possible Cause:
Engine Misfire.
Engine Run Rough.
Low MPG.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Fuel system.

Tech Notes:

Description:

Maybe I should consider replacing the injectors ? I did already flush them didn’t try to remove and clean them though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update**** Swapped injector 1 and 2 fault code followed the injector to cylinder 2, going to order two new injectors.. any recommendations on company’s to buy from not paying $750 each more then I paid for the car lol.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
You might try contacting KermaTDI and ask what they would charge you to rebuild them. I know you can get a set of 4 new nozzles from them for around $300 and they do rebuilds. You might just have a clogged nozzle

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Bottom dollar new is 450 each. I would look at buying 2 or four used injectors with reasonable miles. 150 to 250 should cover that. PD injectors are long lived. As long as they aren't too far over 200k would be fine. Don't forget seal kits and bolts.
Even if you got four and one or two are bad you still have two known good injectors.
Places to buy used
Classifieds here or tdi club
Craigslist partout's
Ebay is where I got mine. Seller specific to vw. Set of 4 less than 200k they all worked out and only $175.
Only get exact part number that is on your injectors. If they say brm or bhw injectors will work, they might, but not very well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bottom dollar new is 450 each. I would look at buying 2 or four used injectors with reasonable miles. 150 to 250 should cover that. PD injectors are long lived. As long as they aren't too far over 200k would be fine. Don't forget seal kits and bolts.
Even if you got four and one or two are bad you still have two known good injectors.
Places to buy used
Classifieds here or tdi club
Craigslist partout's
Ebay is where I got mine. Seller specific to vw. Set of 4 less than 200k they all worked out and only $175.
Only get exact part number that is on your injectors. If they say brm or bhw injectors will work, they might, but not very well.
dang.. wish I would have seen this sooner, I just installed two injectors suppose to be good, bought off eBay not same number but was told they would work..... Installed and now it won’t even run, listed as BRM/BEW I even messaged the seller and asked to confirm. Should I just return them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Starts for about 2/3 seconds and stalls, no codes

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I believe it takes a ton of cranking because their is no fuel at all. Maybe pull a vacuum on the return line or apply power to the lift pump to get all the air out. Look for a pm later tonight before you contact the seller.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe it takes a ton of cranking because their is no fuel at all. Maybe pull a vacuum on the return line or apply power to the lift pump to get all the air out. Look for a pm later tonight before you contact the seller.
You might be right, will do but Monday I did swap injectors to make sure the code followed and it cranked right up after.. so I’m lost appreciate your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update.... it runs but once you let off the gas pedal it idles but can’t give it gas again does not increase throttle 👀👀👀 this car has me lost lol
Put pedal to the floor and it doesn’t increase throttle at all. No codes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts