VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and I recently bought a brand new 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI and I absolutely love it! I did some research on here before I bought to see what people thought of theirs and saw such great things I knew I was making a good choice. So far I love everything about it. This is my fourth Volkswagen, but my first TDI and I don't think I will ever be able to go back. So far I have only tinted the windows, but there are quite a few modifications to come. Hopefully I'll be able to use the forums to figure out the best ways to get rid of turbo lag and get the most out of all the torque these little tanks have to offer. Look forward to learning so much more.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! Is it a DSG? There's a thread here where someone complained of a 5 second lag before clutch engagement on 2 different cars. I've only been able to force a half second delay before engine response but many people find that releasing the brake and a pause before immediately stepping hard on the accelerator = no lag.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a DSG. I have only owned manuals my whole life and I love them, but I commute 30 miles one way for work in the worst traffic and I had to break down and get my first automatic. So far though it is very relaxing. I definitely don't think the turbo lag has a 5 second delay. I would say half second sounds accurate. Nothing worth complaining over by any means. I only occasionally notice it. So far the car is incredible. My boyfriend just bought a 2010 Camaro SS and we have to paper, rock, scissors to see who gets to drive now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha. I used to work at Crawford Performance, the Subaru company that built Ken Block's gymkhana cars. Originally I was going to buy an STI hatchback, but decided to go for a more family oriented, fuel efficient approach. Plus I have a love for VW. So far not regretting the decision.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've seen those videos online. Cool driving. If you had access to their shop I would have gone with the STI and had them build me something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts