VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just purchased a 2013 VW Passat TDI with 47k in September.

I really needed a good mpg, comfy, reliable commuter car that had some sort of warranty. I love wrenching and whatnot but I do not have time right now to do any sort of projects unfortunately. Coming from a C5 allroad and then a hybrid Touareg, it's kinda nice to have something I really don't have to worry about.

It was the cheapest thing on the local VW lot and it's great. I'm SO thankful for that unlimited mile CPO dieselgate warranty. The warranty for a 2016 Jetta manual with NO options and a higher price tag was 2 years and only 20k miles. I commute to and from school about 40 mi one way (though with covid the commute is a lot less) but I still drive a TON for so much other stuff, living in the boonies. I haven't even made my second car payment and I'm already put on 9k miles... So the diesel mpgs and the comfy Passat was such a good choice. I grew up in one and it's nice to come back to roots.

My plan is to keep this for about a year, just to finish school, then sell it and get into a TDI Q7 since I didn't realize how much I used a trailer hitch till it's gone... Plus I Uber (and love it tbh) and having the 3rd row would open my business up a bit.

Don't think I'll really mod it at all, just want to keep it simple. May upgrade head unit to an apple play one cause I really miss having a backup cam and using Waze, and I ripped my pioneer one out of my totaled Honda Element lol. So we'll see.

Thanks!!
-Bobby

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Sorry it isn't my job to welcome new members anymore as I've always done that should be done by the only new mod for this forum has bjr72 if he does his job correctly as he is never here.

Old habits die hard now.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Myturbodiesel moving on

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts