VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone.

Just came home from purchasing a brand new 2011 Golf TDI w/ DSG. Its got a sunroof, bi-xenons, navigation and Dynaudio. The car is the first diesel I've ever owned and I am looking forward to the fuel savings although I am very impressed with the torque it has available. Its my second VW... my very first car was a 1969 Bug so in a way it's like finding a long lost friend that just happened to age and get better over the years. Haven't even had a chance to drive it much yet, but that will all happen soon enough as my commute daily is 70 miles. Any tips on break-in for a diesel would be appreciated.

Regards,

Eric

Pics... I call her Hedwig.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
No idea about breaking in as mine are generally past that stage by the time I get them lol but nice car and welcometomyturbodies :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
What a great build list. I really like the HID. I'm hearing rumors that 2012 may group Golf TDI options into packages like on other model lines. They should still have Dynaudio but who knows?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking I'll be adding the Driver Gear sport springs that VW has that are made by Eibach to improve the handling just a bit and make the car look a little more aggressive. I've already put a roof spoiler on order like the ones that come on the GTI and a couple of little styling bits like the metal pedals. The tinting you see in the photos is 35% all around. Still looking for a good tuning solution. I'm considering Malone, Revo (if they've got something for the 2011 TDI now) or maybe APR will finally get something together for the TDI.

It's a great car, I just like making my stuff go and look good. Here's me on another of my toys:

Looking forward to becoming a member of this community! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Hello Eric,

Welcome to the TDI family. I bought my Jetta Wagen TDI last December, which is also my first diesel (I came from a sissy Prius that I'm glad I disposed of). I don't know if these forums have sticky's, but I would also check out forums.tdiclub.com. I just joined this group, because the how-to FAQs for various things are beyond useful/helpful. I do know there are break-in procedures, and you're not supposed to use cruise control for the first 5k miles.

Paul

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
pkhoury, there are a few stickys but most of the "sticky worthy" info goes into the FAQ, 1000q. This does a few things: it keeps the forum cleaner without having stickies all over the place, makes them easier to find instead of having to search 5 different subforums which you think the sticky might be in, and also summaries info instead of having to trudge through many different posts, many of which are discredited or edited in later posts by newer info. In addition, every article has google search to make it even easier to find what you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome

Nice car. I broke my 2006 tdi in gently and changed the oil early at 2000 miles, then every 5,000 miles after that. Have fun and enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Eric,

Welcome to the TDI family. I bought my Jetta Wagen TDI last December, which is also my first diesel (I came from a sissy Prius that I'm glad I disposed of). I don't know if these forums have sticky's, but I would also check out forums.tdiclub.com. I just joined this group, because the how-to FAQs for various things are beyond useful/helpful. I do know there are break-in procedures, and you're not supposed to use cruise control for the first 5k miles.

Paul
Haha! Sissy Prius! I want to get a license plate frame that says "I eat Prius". Or "I'd rather drive a refrigerator than a Prius". "Eat my soot, sissy Prius"? I test drove one of those things and not only are they not really "green" they just feel like driving a computer mouse.

I'm loving the new TDI!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts