VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are near the end of May 2010 and I just saw the very first VW TDI Commercial (on ABC) showing the all Candy-White fleet: Jetta, JSW and Golf.

Maybe their trying to build up interest in the 2011 !

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never seen a commercial. I've seen billboards but I called and the dealer said they didn't even have any in stock. Why even spend money on advertising?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never seen a commercial. I've seen billboards but I called and the dealer said they didn't even have any in stock. Why even spend money on advertising?
I am not a Marketing expert, but I think advertising pays off no matter how popular or big that you already are. I see Wal-Mart commercials all the time and there's one that I think would not even need to advertise. (Just for the record... I HATE Wal-Mart)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was it this one (laughable since the subie would wipe the floor with a TDI)
neither of those! it was the Jetta, JSW and a 2dr Golf, ending with the "Green car" wraps sitting side by side...like in their photoshoot.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Funny how the rest of the world markets their TDI with the "BLUEMotion Technology" branding except the states.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's because the TDI's in the states are not BlueMotion. It doesn't say it for sure on the BlueMotion Wiki (link) at least, but it's probably similar to the BlueTec (Wiki link) from Mercedes, which uses the extra step of adding urea to exhaust to remove NOx.

That was the point of the new clean diesel engine, with the extra burn cycle to burn off the extra exhaust that made it as clean as with the extra urea system.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's because the TDI's in the states are not BlueMotion. It doesn't say it for sure on the BlueMotion Wiki (link) at least, but it's probably similar to the BlueTec (Wiki link) from Mercedes, which uses the extra step of adding urea to exhaust to remove NOx.

That was the point of the new clean diesel engine, with the extra burn cycle to burn off the extra exhaust that made it as clean as with the extra urea system.
BLUEMotion is not the same as BlueTech which is urea injection for the NOx.

BLUEMotion according to VW are technologies used to reduce fuel consumption and waste; diesel TDI being one of them.

http://www.volkswagen.com/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/en2/experience/innovation/bluemotion.html

Thanks for the Wiki article regardless - love reading about car tech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts