VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of corporate downsizing due to the poor economy. First it was TGIF's right portion, right price. In other words, less portions but only a small reduction in price. Other then their drinks, I rarely eat much there anyways.

Then the Cadbury creme eggs were downsized. They're about 30% smaller.

Now KFC, the last bastion of greasy delights, has downsized. I got their KFC strips, which used to be meaty fried chicken strips. They are actually more expensive then their piece of chicken but they have been downsized. What used to be a good sized chicken strip is now a 1cm thin, flat, piece of chicken, what I can truely call a "strip".

To KFC: :ban::ban:

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
If that's all you have to worry about, consider yourself lucky. Many people's homes are down worth way less then they paid for them and others have lost their homes.

J

·
0 Posts
Yes, it's sad, many people are living paycheck to paycheck. I don't think they are effected by the depressed economy, they are effected by the raise in consumer goods though.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Sorry to turn this thread into a serious one but I saw a post on another BB that said people running out of gas is an IQ test, for some people yes, for others they can't afford the fuel and are driving around on 1/4 tank. I saw a TV show about a family who had to choose between a full gallon of milk or bagels - sad. Not everyone on welfare is buying $100 sneakers.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was only semiserious - they are still charging you the same amount but are giving you less. This really is one effect of high fuel prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts