VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looking to gauge group buy interest for the Golf 6 OEM LED tail lights. TMTuning.com has offered the offer below. In order to see these prices we would roughly need 10-15 takers. Again this is just a feeler thread and not an official group buy posting. Please reply to this feeler thread and I'll add your name to this list. Thanks in advance!

Price $699- a set, the conversion harness is $39- and the code box would be $35- (if you need the code box)

The shipping would be approx. $42- via Standard Air + handling.

You would be looking at around $839- shipped for the complete set with harness, codebox, shipping & handling.

If they you need the code box then it would be around $800- (incl. shipping and harness).

The cherry red (tinted) are the darker red then the non cherry red versions.

They are also available without fogs.

You can choose from G6-L-107 to G6-L-112 for whatever version you want.

http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/catalog/product_detail.php?default_product=2657

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are OEM from Germany.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I would be interested. Does anyone know if there is a way to add the optional AFS HID headlights easily and where it can be ordered?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, guys !

Bear with me as I am a new owner and new to Volkswagen. I've done a lot of modding on my Toyota FJ, but have never seen ~$700 tail lights. That seems flat crazy. What am I missing ?

tks !

JP

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey, guys !

Bear with me as I am a new owner and new to Volkswagen. I've done a lot of modding on my Toyota FJ, but have never seen ~$700 tail lights. That seems flat crazy. What am I missing ?

tks !

JP
You aint missing a thing buddy! I totally agree with you. Though I think the LED's look cool and are a safety improvement (likely only VERY minor) $700 is absolutely crazy. I think if they were like under $200 I'd start considering it to my list of wants. I can think of many other things I could do with $700 to my Golf.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You aint missing a thing buddy! I totally agree with you. Though I think the LED's look cool and are a safety improvement (likely only VERY minor) $700 is absolutely crazy. I think if they were like under $200 I'd start considering it to my list of wants. I can think of many other things I could do with $700 to my Golf.
That's exactly what I was thinking. They definitely look good, and I know they're brighter, but that $$$ could go a long way towards a new set of wheels ! Just wanted to make sure they didn't add 35hp or something like that. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. They definitely look good, and I know they're brighter, but that $$$ could go a long way towards a new set of wheels ! Just wanted to make sure they didn't add 35hp or something like that. :D
The price doesn't even pass the laugh test.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts