VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, I have successfully bypassed my FCM using 7 relays which do the same function as the j293 (FCM). FCMs are very delicate, I recently ordered one and it did not last even one month and I have to return it. Because of this, I got some relays from the junk yard and made my own circuit that will do the same trick. Relays are much more durable and very simple electromagnetic switches. Now this seven relays do the same thing. When AC is switched on, both fans turn at low speed. When thermo switch reaches certain temperature it will also turn both fans at low speed. Then if AC is on and if thermo switch senses even higher water temperature another relay will open circuit for low speed operation and will switch power to both fans to turn them at high speed. Now the only part I am missing is G65 sensor which I am unable to use since it uses duty cycle so I am unable to incorporate its signal with my relays. The only other solution I see is old type of pressure swithc F129 which works more like a basic pressure switch without any fancy duty cycles etc. So my question is, is it possible to simply remove G65 and put in F129 instead? In other words I just all I care is if I can remove one and simply screw in the other? I am not worrying about the electrical part since I have to bypass it also to work with my relays. Also, are both sensors switching ac compressors clutches on and off at same pressures?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts