VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L with a strong diesel smell coming from exhaust. VCDS shows Fuel timing at green line.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

Car spec now shows not for all members.

Release Notes

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L with a strong diesel smell coming from exhaust. VCDS shows Fuel timing at green line.
try using Shell V-Power Diesel if You can find it in Your area if not simply switch fuel station. and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hard to gauge smell, they all smell. You might look at injection quantity. If you have a lot of miles, a straight Diesel Purge might help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
what i meant is? depending on where diesel is bought some fuel stations have more sulphure content in it then others giving off more of a sulper smell out the tailpipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts