VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I stumbled across this site earlier today as I will looking for pictures of the EGR elbow pipes. Some very detailed tutorials etc which helped me a lot.

I have a little problem, recently 1 of my EGR elbow pipes split (The shorter one of the 2 in this picture http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/misc/pumpeegr.jpg).

So instead of buying a new one I fixed it up and that cleared that issue up. But there still seems to be a leak somewhere else. When I block the little breather pipe which goes from the air box to the back of the engine bay and rev the engine I get puffs of black smoke and exhaust fumes coming up from the back near the EGR Cooler.

The picture I linked above with the cooler is where it appears to be coming from I would even say it was from them 2 bigger pipes.

I've check the whole exhaust and there's no leaks while I was at it I took the front pipe and cat off and refitted them with some exhaust sealant just in case.

I know blocking that breather pipe from the air box off will choke the engine but should it smoke in the engine bay?

My car is a Octavia Mk2 105PD

I can post a video if that will help at at?

Hope you can shed some light on this,
Steve

·
Registered
482 Posts
Some of these engines had the EGR under recall, since you have an Octavia I'm not sure if your engine has the same recall. Check with the dealer. Post the video on youtube and post the link - it automatically turns into a video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts