VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the camshaft and now the starter is barely spinning the engine, where can I find the standard camshaft specs? I think the new one is a couple off thousands to big

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Which model do you have especially the engine code of the data sticker?

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Re-check the timing belt settings.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fgus!
You just replaced the camshaft? Did you include, cam bearings, cam followers, cam cap bolts? Without knowing this before hand, it would seem the cam caps could be misaligned, installed backwards or the cam could be 180° out of clock. The hardware on the cam caps is TTY (one time use- Torque To Yield).
You should be able to turn the Engine over by hand, with hand tools. If that’s not possible, you’re going to have to back track check under the timing belt cover and likely remove the valve cover and double check everything. Forcing the engine to turn over could cause valve to piston contact etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced the camshaft and now the starter is barely spinning the engine, where can I find the standard camshaft specs? I think the new one is a couple off thousands to big
Hi, did You torque the caps down in sequence? And did You also Oil the cam bearings? Ive just had cams out of X's BMR 2L TDI 125 KW twin cam Pumpe Deuse Passat here in Tasmania, and the torque spec for that is only 20 NM about 14Ftlb so not much torque on bolts. i recall in My miss guided youth nearly 40 years ago tightening up cam bolts on motor bike and didn't take much extra torque to cause extra cam friction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts