VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine (2.0 tdi CJAA/manual tranny 116000 km) used to stutter when driving in 3rd gear at about 60km/h. Owned the car for a year now and noticed it did it only during summer time (above 10 degrees celcius). Also, since I purchased a P3 gauge I was able to associate the stuttering to the exact time where the EGR temp would cycle on and off (goes from 300-400 to 700-800).
Decided to do the anti-shudder valve/EGR solenoid valve and intake manifold cleaning with Easy Off and soapy water (some prefer Superclean to soapy water). Found a fair amount of carbon build up mainly in intake manifold and EGR valve. It absolutely did the job!!!
No more stuttering, EGR transitions are smooth and unnoticed like the car was meant to be.

Most important thing to remember: change all gaskets and intake manifold bolts torque is 8Nm.

·
Premium Member
9,648 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Premium Member
2006 Jetta (BRM), 5 speed
9 Posts
Wow, that is a HUGE difference! Nice work :) Makes me want to open mine up just to see what's staring back at me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts