VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
186 Posts
Water is a no-no.
There is info here on the cam wear issue also, perhaps worth a read and be there, if possible, when they have a look.
:panic:You've sure been dragged around with these problems lately!

· Premium Member
186 Posts
It's all the same issue.... and they examined the cam lobes, they are fine, they will take a very close look at the bearings when the injector comes in.

I am not one of those owners that blames every single problem on poor designs, I am sure the engineers were trying to get around a problem when they designed my car. I do, however, hate being charged 800 bucks for an injector.

I am currently chasing the glow plug recall issue. I believe my car had this recall.
I had a look around, wasn't able to find another source for injectors, but maybe someone else has had this problem....800 clams sucks just a bit.
Clearly there is a some form of design issue with the PD camshaft, far too many fail early and while I agree that "poopy" things can happen, there is no excuse for VW failing to support THEIR engineering error.
You have somewhere around 350,000 kilometers on this engine, don't you??

Now, that would make me a pretty happy customer, too!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.