VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 jsw love it. when coming to a stop the engine shakes as if its going to die as the dsg clutchs are disengageing. is this normal. thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Another thing - when the engine shakes is it roughness from the engine and is it accompanied by rpm change? Not when shifting, only when coming to a stop?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes like the clutch is dragging down the engine. its not real bad but if this is not normal? its going in for a 60 day check in the next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am experiencing the same exact issue in my 2010 TDI. 2 service centers so far cannot determine solution, a third dealer service center claims everything is normal.
Have you had success resolving this issue?
I had problem from day 1 at 250 miles. I am now at 8,000 and it is the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally caught a VW distict rep. who was touring the local dealerships and took him for a ride. He agreed it was not normal and after several calls to VW of America, they determined the clutch pack was slipping. They installed a new clutch pack at 30,000 miles and it has been good ever since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just spoke to a service rep at Donaldsons vw in LI NY & he said vw had extended the warranty on the clutch pack to 100K miles. I haven't verified this as of yet, if any one has any info please let us know.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I am having the same problem, just noticed recently on my 2010 TDI, it feels like the car jerks a little right before stopping....no change in RPM, it seems like the clutch isn't fully pressed sometimes and the car goes from Gear 2 to 1 right before it comes to a complete stop, seems like something to do with the clutch.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I am having the same problem, just noticed recently on my 2010 TDI, it feels like the car jerks a little right before stopping....no change in RPM, it seems like the clutch isn't fully pressed sometimes and the car goes from Gear 2 to 1 right before it comes to a complete stop, seems like something to do with the clutch.
Went to a dealer, tech test drive and determined this just just downshifting because the car thinks I am going to do a rolling stop (not a complete stop) so it downshifts very late close to when I am going to stop ( he offered to reset the DSG but told him I can do that myself, know the procedures)

I have to test this by going into tiptronic and back to notice the gears in order to validate the findings...if above is true then the car should be in gear 2 and gets in gear 1 right before I stop (when the slight jerk happens) unless I am wrong with that assumption

1 - 10 of 10 Posts