VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video shows comfort windows and sunroof on a mk6 VW Golf TDI. While someone else reported that their sunroof would open via remote, the Golf wouldn't open the sunroof.

As you can see, the comfort operation using the key fob will close the windows and sunroof and open the windows but on open the sunroof.

Thanks to the test subject!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIt2jwKiZS8

I also added some more screenshots to the 2010 + specific writeup on how to enable comfort operation.
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/remote-window-2010-Golf-Jetta.htm

The weird thing is that VCDS had trouble connecting to the central electric module. It connected 1st time a few times but then it wouldn't connect at all, even after restarting the software, jiggling the cable and unplugging it, and restarting the car. When we went to drive away, it mysteriously connected fine again a few times. After a short test drive, it wouldn't connect again.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Saving my pennies for the right cable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm curious as to why they don't. It's on automatically on European models, what changes with ours that they don't want it on? It's just more ammo for dealers to use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm curious as to why they don't. It's on automatically on European models, what changes with ours that they don't want it on? It's just more ammo for dealers to use.
Funny thing is, I went back to my dealership to have them do this and they told me it wasn't possible on the 2011 model. Liars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealer told me it wasn't an option he could configure using their tools on my 2010 Golf. He said maybe with the correct coding he could but he didn't seem to know his stuff enough to reassure me, so I just bought a Micro-CAN cable, figured it would be useful someday (ie engine light when out of warranty).

For now I used the adaptation menu only, which doesn't let you configure the sunroof opening. I'll look into using the long coding later.

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
The dealership doesn't have the software to do this I believe. I really don't know why, but it means you need to find someone with Vag Com or do it yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealership doesn't have the software to do this I believe. I really don't know why, but it means you need to find someone with Vag Com or do it yourself.
I should buy one and charge like $5 per person to do whatever they want... Of course, there's always the chance I could royally screw someone's car up. Anyone know where I can get a good disclaimer form? ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts