VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,
I have a 2004 TDI. This weekend I replaced the balance shaft module, timing belt, oil and filter, serviced transmission, air and cabin filters. On the way to work this morning I got an "emissions workshop" notification. During the oil filter replacement I cracked the dipstick tube. How sensitive is this engine to crankcase pressure readings. I have access to a VCDS but am not very familiar with its use. I have a trip from Pittsburgh to DC this week and dont want to get stuck. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The car should not shut off due to emissions workshop. There are a few things that you may see in VCDS like EGR readiness that will reset themselves by driving but emissions workshop is a code.

You will get a noticeable leak around the dipstick tube leak since there is always positive pressure in the crankcase coming out. I could see how that is bad for emissions but there is no crankcase pressure sensor and I can't see how the MAF or intake pressure sensor would be affected by the cracked tube to cause emissions workshop. The first thing to do is to figure out what code the emissions workshop is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts