VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me figure it out. My VW does weird things. Sometimes when I turn the car off, the clock and the odometer reset. Sometimes when I roll up the passenger side window, three dash lights illuminate and the car beeps three times. Sometimes when I flick the high beams, all the dash lights go out momentarily. The radio lights flicker--sometimes.

Thes things happen in cold and warm weather, although they usually do NOT happen once the car is at normal operating temps.

The battery and the alternator tested OK. No check engine light has ever come on.

Help appreciated!

Jeff

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just to check, how was the battery tested? Any garage or autozone have a special tester to check them. Maybe you have a water leak caused by the sunroof drains or windshield gasket which has damaged the relay panel and CCM? The CCM is the comfort control modules and takes care of the alarm or keyless entry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to check, how was the battery tested? Any garage or autozone have a special tester to check them. Maybe you have a water leak caused by the sunroof drains or windshield gasket which has damaged the relay panel and CCM? The CCM is the comfort control modules and takes care of the alarm or keyless entry.
Tested at Advance Auto. No sunroof. How/where would windshield gasket damage relay panel or CCM? How would I check?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I had a bad gasket after a new windshield, they usually don't go bad unless it was a bad install. Do you have wet carpets after a rain? Look under the dashboard, if you see corrosion all over the relay panel you know water is leaking in somewhere. If you look under the windshield and see lots of leaves it's also possible they are forming a dam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a bad gasket after a new windshield, they usually don't go bad unless it was a bad install. Do you have wet carpets after a rain? Look under the dashboard, if you see corrosion all over the relay panel you know water is leaking in somewhere. If you look under the windshield and see lots of leaves it's also possible they are forming a dam.
I'll check--and there are some leaves. Great info.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts