VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this community. I’m hoping I put it in the right section.

I am looking to gather info on removing the EGR tube, that comes from exhaust manifold to the EGR valve. After realizing I was a moron and just put the block off plate on the pipe, instead of removing the pipe and placing the plate on the manifold, now the flex piece is cracked and thus now an exhaust leak. So today and tomorrow I will be tackling the job of removing said pipe. However, it doesn’t look like it’s going to as simple as some have told me.

Is there a how to thread somewhere on this site or anyone with advice on his job? I tried searching the how to index.. but for some reason every link keeps telling me the page can’t be found, I don’t know if it’s because the site has been updated or what. Anyways, thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I almost had it but it's a royal pain in the ass. You'll need a crows foot to get the back bolts off. Mine were so rusted and rounded off I just said screw it and sold the pilpe The egr is already deleted through software and getting 50s mpg so I just said forget it. You might be better getting to where the pipe connects on the back by going under the vehicle but I do remember I wouldn't have even had a stab at it from the top without crows foot sockets.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,230 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this community. I’m hoping I put it in the right section.
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts