VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a VW Golf Plus 1.9 TDI and 77 KW (105 PS) 2006 with DPF. At 178000 km I would like to fit an EGR blanking plate into the Golf Plus.
First question: Is that possible without limp mode?
If yes, which size do I have to buy and where should I put it in as easy as possible?

Greets from Germany

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
Your car spec says 1999 Bora TDI if you also have 2006 Golf Plus 1.9 TDI its better if you add that to your car spec.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2005-05/2007, Model: Golf Plus, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

In the UK its illegal to remove the EGR.

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts, Its covered in there.

We don't have a Golf Plus sub forum so moved to general.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello Keithuk,
thanks I correced my car spec in the profile.
The Golf Plus TDI engine is the same / identical like Golf MK5 1.9 PD DPF engine code BLS. As you already wrote, thats correct:
VW, Date(s) Used: 06/2005-05/2007, Model: Golf Plus, Engine Code: BLS with DPF, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

I don´t want to remove the EGR, I just want to put in a blanking plate.

·
Premium Member
9,720 Posts
The title says EGR blanking plate on a Golf Plus 1.9 DPF TDI (engine code BLS) that's why I moved your post, I will move it back.

Now your says its on your Golf with the same engine code.

As I've said Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts, Its covered in there.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 03/2007-07/2009, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/2005-11/2008, Model: Golf/Variant/4Motion/R32, Engine Code: BLS, 77Kw, 105PS, 1.9 Ltr, 4 Cyls, Remarks: Turbocharged Direct Injection Pumpe Düse (TDI-PD) 8v Timing belt

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again,
just do a short reply on this thread: I put in a blanking plate with small a hole. No limp mode and no warning lights on.
With the blanking plate in, the engine run about 30k km right now. The engine run all in all 220k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts