VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello all,I have stumbled onto this forum by chance, on a search for manual transmission removal
on my 1998 tdi beetle, I did find what I was looking for so all is well and this is purely a introduction of myself. I am 46 although i feel much younger both mentally and physically, due mostly to my good attitude and active life style of walking my dog twice daily riding my mtb and using my weight machine to stay fit rather then muscle bound.Health is important after all we all want to be healthy & happy for driving our vw/audi around :)

So far just a tuning box on the fuel pump and new wheels/rear glass spoiler on my black beetle.

looking forward to participating on the forum, i am a pretty good home mechanic but I always seem to need to read write ups and find proper methods from the internet{god bless it}.

my name is Doug but you will no me as ecostar in my 98 tdi black beetle your newest new member!
thanks ALL:bowdown

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dog

Thanks for the welcome,my Dogs name is Jeep he has a shar pei for a mother and a rotty for a father. he was bought from the newspaper at 10 weeks of age over ten years ago now, he will be 11come sept. 20 but has the health of a 5-7 yr old dog and is very active.
he jumps up into the open back hatch of my beetle with ease and loves to go for a country drive.
offtopic2 but..
the gas/diesel milage of my beetle is unbeatable,I will be posting actual numbers shortly, after i get back frome a small road trip to pick up my girlfriend from victoria,I live in port alberni. I expect to see numbers well over 80 imperial miles per gallon as on the last trip it it came out to 101 mpg @ 60 mph, but i did not perform a very precise fill up, this time fill up till i see the fuel in the lower neck of the fill hose,then when i return i will fill back to the same level on the filler hose. I'll start a thread once my results are in on thursday.
look for my mpg thread !

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I had a few generations of Shar pei. Great dogs but a lot have eyelash and skin problems. My last 2 dogs have upright ears which is nice because their ears have more ventilation. The shar peis always had itchy ears.

·
Registered
101 Posts
the Shar pei breed is well known for eyelid problems due to the inbreeding that has caused excessive wrinkles and very sensitive skin,more so in the folds of their wrinkles but often affects the whole coat.
Jeep has food allergies that give him skin irritation/itchy with hair loss,fix was he required a quality lamb and brown rice dry kibble,that was wheat and corn free. Worked for my dog.

I agree, upright ears would help them get some air around those tightly packed thick ears.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well , I stumbled back onto the forum, what a long hiatus that was. I said earlier that I would check my mileage on the long trip , well i have done many since that road trip back in July of 2011..
On the hwy using the technique of neutral coasts ( once up to speed) on all of the declines etc. , I get a repeatable 73 mpg
Without the Coasting I run at 68 mpg @ 100kmh.

In the city / rural mpg is a constant 62 mpg.

p.s jeep / my Dog turned 14 last week he is STILL healthy / happy active can walk all day. Amazing he is or so I feel..

Regards all !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts