VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The Audi TT is setup the same way and they use the same chassis so I wouldn't be surprised if it worked and fit well.

I don't think a front mount in a TDI is a big deal because the TDI isn't prone to overheating. A front mount intercooler could block the radiator and cause overheating in cars which are prone to overheating. The TDI doesn't put out as much waste heat as a gasser so that isn't a common problem.

I think getting this vs. another model depends more on your overall setup and if you want or dislike the front mount.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I haven't heard much about it myself, but I like the idea. Another option is an upgraded single side-mount, such as the one Tyrolsport makes, I've been impressed with the ones I've seen in the past.

My concern is with the extra piping - the increased air mass in the system may increase lag and decrease low-end torque. The common viewpoint of the stock piping being restrictive isn't the full story - narrow and short travel pipes allow our TDIs to have that great low-rpm responsiveness.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not really a concept as chitty said. However, it's just the more powerful TT.
The base 1.8T TT only uses 1 intercooler like our TDIs. There must be a forumla for figuring out air mass that the TDI uses at varying rpms, I would be surprised if this system increased lag, especially when combined with a chip ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts