VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have joined this site because of the excellent technical data in regards to doing a 5 speed manual conversion on a DSG equipped 2006 TDI.

I am close to pursuing this conversion but, I would like to hear anyones experience or opinions on their preferred transmission.

What transmission would you use 6spd or 5spd any specific modifications I should look into for either while I am at it?
The Jetta will be used as a daily driver and the primary goal is MPG and reliability.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have decided at this point, to go with the US market 2010 VW TDI 6 speed. The transmission I'll be seeking is PN 02Q-300-045-A.
I was hoping someone would say the 5 speed is better because its from the same year, its also cheaper and there are a few 5th gear ratios I have seen online however, everything I have found suggest the 6 speed will provide better engine rpm to speed matching and better fuel mileage. I also noticed the 6 speed has a much larger case around the differential so I am assuming it will be stronger.

Can I also assume the two output shafts increase strength?

I am also hoping someone can check these attached gear ratios. I found them on various sites including this one:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,158 Posts
A 2006 Jetta can be 1.9 TDI-PD and 2.0 TDI-PD which is yours?

Jetta 1.9 TDI-PD NARBasis 74

Type Code: 1K2733
Engine Code: BRM - 103PS
Transmission Code: HLH HQH HQN HXU JPL - 6A

Jetta 2.0 TDI-PD Trend 103fT

Type Code: 1K2062
Engine Code: BMM - 140PS
Transmission Code: HDV JLU JRD KDN KNS KXX - 6S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts