VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

My 2014 Passat TDI SEL was in the accident and some wiring was damaged. I repaired the wiring, but I’m still getting P0746 and P0776 Fault Codes. Wondering if there’s a fuse issue? Where do I find transmission related fuses? Any other Ideas. Appreciate any help…

·
Super Moderator
9,334 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

VAG Error Code: 17130

EOBD II Error Code: P0746

Fault Location:
Transmission Fluid Pressure Solenoid 1 - Performance or Stuck Off

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Transmission shift shock.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Low transmission fluid level.
Dirty transmission fluid.
Faulty line pressure solenoid valve.
Torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid.

Tech Notes:
When the a transmission solenoid is stuck off, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

When is the code detected?:
The gear required by the Engine Control Module (ECM) does not match the actual gear when driving.

Description:
The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

VAG Error Code: 17160

EOBD II Error Code: P0776

Fault Location:
Pressure Control Solenoid 'B' - Performance or Stuck Off

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Transmission shift shock.

Low transmission fluid level.
Dirty transmission fluid.
Wiring/Connector(s).
Pressure control solenoid.

When is the code detected?:
The gear required by the Engine Control Module (ECM) does not match the actual gear when driving.

Description:
The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

As taken from my new Free EOBD II Error Codes software

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Keithuk! Sorry I did not know about introductions. Thank you for the reply! I had 7 different TDIs and have done quite a bit of work on them and will be happy to share what I know. I'm not planning to dissapear - I like this community and will be happy to be of help!

Does anyone know if there are fuses for that solenoid circuit?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
If you end up at your wits end- since you are here in Spokane you can always talk to the guys at Europro Automotive in the valley. They know their TDIs

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts