VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Has anyone with a DSG transmission noticed that, when going at a constant speed, on a level road (maybe slightly downhill) at anything between about 50 to 80 km/h, that the engine will very very slightly go up and down in revs. You will be able to notice it on the tacho, and also feel the backwards and forwards oscillation. This might happen in 4th or 5th gear, I've also seen it in 6th. I'd estimate the frequency about once a second or so.

If anyone has noticed this, do you get it often? Is it a problem or just a DSG quirk? Is this the precursor to a major failure? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all!

Has anyone with a DSG transmission noticed that, when going at a constant speed, on a level road (maybe slightly downhill) at anything between about 50 to 80 km/h, that the engine will very very slightly go up and down in revs. You will be able to notice it on the tacho, and also feel the backwards and forwards oscillation. This might happen in 4th or 5th gear, I've also seen it in 6th. I'd estimate the frequency about once a second or so.

If anyone has noticed this, do you get it often? Is it a problem or just a DSG quirk? Is this the precursor to a major failure? :confused:

Thanks!
Have not noticed the symptons you describe. '10 Jetta TDI Sedan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts