VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jetta does not have factory fog lights or Nav. I have 6 speed manual tranny.

My question is on turning the DRL's off, I followed the procedure in Owner's manual.

"Press & hold the turn signal lever & high beam switch DOWN & to the back (left turn signal & headlight flasher)."
"Switch ignition on & off again for 3 seconds."

I can't seem to get them to shut off, What am I doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
9,549 Posts
Well that procedure appears to be correct thats what I used on mine after the dealer disconnected the battery to reset all settings. I'm assuming you don't have Bi-Xenons if you do you need VCDS to turn them off? You will hear a few bleeps/chimes if this is successful.

How to disable DRL on your VW Golf (mk6)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried this on my 2010 JSW, worked but I wasn't sure how I got it to turn off.

I was holding left blinker and pulling back (flash); then turn the ignition on and off a bunch of times for 3 seconds? That didn't result in repeatable results.

This is what I found:

Turn off DRL:
- Ignition off.
- You can release your parking brake to see the DRL symbol turn off if it's not dark enough to see the lights (for my manual trans anyways).
- Push left blinker all the way down and pull back (flash, should turn on the brights). The level should remain in this position until process is complete.
- Turn ignition to the on/run position.
- After about 3 seconds you should see the DRL symbol go off and/or your DRL's turn off.

Turn on DRL:
- Follow the same steps above but use the right blinker instead of the left...or use the MFI to reset the lighting to factory settings

·
Super Moderator
9,549 Posts
Sorry I forgot to say I think they disabled this manual option on 2011 models so you will need VCDS to do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts