VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, but have decades of experience as a DIY mechanic. Recently my SO's Jetta, an '06, refused to wind the driver's window up all the way. It stopped about 20cm from the top. I replaced first the motor as I could not get it to run with direct power. That didn't work (replacing the motor, that is), a clicking could be heard from it when pressing the switch, as if it was immediately shutting off, same s the original motor. So I reasoned there to be a problem with the regulator so replaced it today. No joy, it still doesn't work.

The car has only about 42k miles. I'm now thinking there is an electrical problem of a different nature, or there is a computer problem. I don't know a lot about the inner workings and would like to know more before putting us at the mercy of the dealer, should that be indicated.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Possibilities: something wrong with the control module. If there was a pinch protection problem it should come back down after getting stuck. Something to check out is the door wiring harness. This was a common problem. Inspecting the harness will also let you inspect the window guide rails. I've had VW where the guide rails needed a little adjustment.

Here is a writeup on how to inspect the door wiring and replace if needed: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/wiring-harness-vw-jetta-repair.htm hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts