VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

New guy here - this is also my first diesel.

Thinking of the fuel mileage and performance gained in removing the DPF, EGR, and Catalytic Converter and the better longevity of the system. How would these modifications affect emissions inspection here in IL? I don’t think they put a sensor on the exhaust during inspection - they just check via OBDII (I think). Will removing these parts and an ECU Flash/Piggy Back enough to pass?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

New guy here - this is also my first diesel.

Thinking of the fuel mileage and performance gained in removing the DPF, EGR, and Catalytic Converter and the better longevity of the system. How would these modifications affect emissions inspection here in IL? I don’t think they put a sensor on the exhaust during inspection - they just check via OBDII (I think). Will removing these parts and an ECU Flash/Piggy Back enough to pass?
It should, but it won't pass a visual inspection. If IL is anything like NY, you would be better off just doing a tune and putting the emissions equipment back on for annual inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t remember them doing a visual on my last car - they just plug into the OBD2.

I’m sure it’ll take a day to reapply/remove the DPF etc., which I am not sure I want to do, so hopefully they stay out of doing a visual check.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts