VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Door Wont Open

974 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MK5Man 
#1 ·
New here, so excuse any bloopers.
I consider my 1 owner 2006 Mk5 Jetta TDi - right hand drive in Australia, has done well to date, but the remote locking / unlocking failed on the right hand side, so I could only unlock the car by using the key in the driver's door. At that stage, the right hand rear then had to be opened from the inside.
It's not the wiring because after the electronic "sensor" (or what ever you call it) was replaced in the driver's door. The right hand rear door now has an issue such that I cannot open that door at all.
Also, the left hand front passenger door although unlocks remotely(everything goes "click", it can then only be opened from the inside. The left rear door is fine.
So, my main issues are that I cannot open the right rear door at all (behind the driver).
Any guidance very welcome.

#2 ·
I have a similar issue (B5.5 Passat) but in my case the actuators are bad. The lock does pop up so I have to reach in and open the rear door.

You are saying that lock pops up with the remote but you cannot open the door from the outside? Try giving it a good tug. Does that open it? I had that issue with a previous Jetta I had. The door unlocked but to open it I had to yank it a bit. Got used to it really after a while.

#3 ·
I have a similar issue (B5.5 Passat) but in my case the actuators are bad. The lock does pop up so I have to reach in and open the rear door.

You are saying that lock pops up with the remote but you cannot open the door from the outside? Try giving it a good tug. Does that open it? I had that issue with a previous Jetta I had. The door unlocked but to open it I had to yank it a bit. Got used to it really after a while.
Thanks for the reply.
When I press the remote, you can hear the doors go click, but you can't open the rear door from the outside and even when you reach in to try to open it with the release handle, it won't open. I'd just like to ope it so I can take the lining or the skin off to be able to resolve the issue ..... I'll try to give it a little more encouragement as you suggested and post the result.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.