VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took this picture of my door handle.

when the dealership did the ignition switch recall, they didn't replace the door locks ...

of note is the microswitch which can cause problems with the alarm system. note that the microswitch can't cause problems with the vacuum pump for the door locks - only a vacuum leak or vacuum pump problem will cause it to run constantly

pic is pretty much life sized

D

·
0 Posts
Cool. I've used my finger to stop a vacuum leak that was causing the vacuum pump to run, so I will confirm that. Good to know it wasn't related to the door microswitch.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in theory the microswitch could cause the vacuum pump to turn on and off, but it should shut off if the vac system is sealed and working properly

·
Registered
122 Posts
FYI, if that microswitch goes bad, then it can also make your windows go up and down. normally you have to hold the key in the lock, but I had it go all screwy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
One of my door handles failed at the pivot point too. If you look at the white plastic part and follow it up, you can see the pin holding the door handle actuator, it worked itself out and caused hard opening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts