VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have VW Jetta 2007 & the passenger side rear door no longer opens. The central locking opens all other doors except for this 1. When you push the central locking on drivers door you can hear it trying to unlock but it never does. I've been told it needs a new motor or a new lock. The door does not open even when your trying to open it from inside the car.

I need this door opened asap as I am getting some repair work done to that side of my car. So if anyone has any advice on what the problem is or how I can get the door open please let me know, thank you.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
This is quite a problem. I would say remove the door card or door skin to deal with a lock problem but if you can't even open the door, you can't remove those panels without damaging them.

It works off a solenoid. When you say that it's trying to unlock, do you hear clicking or grinding or what? Can you use a jimmy tool to pull the unlock lever?

If the door skin is damaged, cut it off and you can buy another used one of the same color. It'll bolt on. Here's what's under the skin: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/door-skin-jetta-remove.htm That's the easiest way to get access to the door module (the white box)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts