VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my 2010 Jetta TDI - Highline in April. At that time, all 4 doors would automatically lock once my speed exceeded 10MPH. When I would put the transmission in PARK; only the drivers door would unlock, the others remained locked until the passengers pressed the unlock button before pulling the door handle to open the other doors.

I brought my car in for a coolant problem 2 weeks ago. I was advised there was a service bulletin to reprogram the O2 sensor for a sensitivity issue. Both issues were addressed at that time. I noticed my MFI setting was altered, as my mileage was changed from Miles to Kilometers when I picked up my car.

Since that visit to the VW dealership, my door lock functionality is different. The doors now appear to lock at 10MPH. Also after stopping for a long signal light, or an extended period, the doors try to re-lock again at 10MPH. Though the doors lock, they can now be opened inside simply by pulling on the handle, rather than having to press the unlock button first. The doors are only locking to prevent outside entry. So my doors can now be opened inside while the car is in motion, which I do not want to happen.

Today after a failed attempt to have the dealership resolve the lock issue, now my MFI displays my Speed in KM/H, though I have selected Consumption and Distance in: MPG and Miles in GB units.

I am not sure if the door lock changes occurred during the reprogramming of the O2 sensor, or when the dealership was adjusting the MFI to obtain the Kilometer reading for their work order, perhaps they changed another menu option in error. The CONVENIENCE menu settings, on the MFI does not seem to restore my original door lock functionality.

Does anyone know how to reset the door lock functionality to my original settings or know why my MFI displays Speed in KM/H since it is set to MPH on the MFI menu?

·
Registered
226 Posts
You said convenience menu so you must have the highline cluster and MFSW. Maybe if you turn off auto lock and then turn it back on it'll reset. The re-lock bug shouldn't happen. It shouldn't have anything to do with the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said convenience menu so you must have the highline cluster and MFSW. Maybe if you turn off auto lock and then turn it back on it'll reset. The re-lock bug shouldn't happen. It shouldn't have anything to do with the O2 sensor.
Hi Stefan2006:

Thanks for your reply. I turned the Auto Lock off and on, but still no change! Is there a known Re-Lock Bug?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts