VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just recently got a bunch of rain and all the snow melted so there was a good 16 inches of water at the end of my drive never had a problem going through it came home one night and parked it in my shop like I normally do. The next morning I went out to start it, pushed the clutch in with the car still in 1st, turned the key and it lunged forward. Put it in neutral fired it up and wouldnt go into any gear. Bled the whole hydraulic system everything seemed to work. I know the clutch was replaced around 60k ago and with it lunging forward when I crank it I don't believe the clutch is bad however could it be that the clutch absorbed a bunch of water and is just expanded? There was a slight squeaking noise before that has since disappeared but I thought that was more serp belt noise. If anybody has any opinions that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,468 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops didn't realize there was an introduction section. I'll make sure I post one. But I would like to follow up and say that the clutch must have just swelled up from the water because I just went out and it would go into all gears just fine while running. So if anyone else has this problem in the future just let it sit for 3or4 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts