VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my friend and he said that I don't need to grease my jetta. My truck has greasing points but I am thinking he is right because this is a modern car, but just wanted to check, these cars don't need any greasing right?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
They need no regular greasing, not even the wheel bearings. I don't think there are any modern cars sold in the US that need chassis greasing.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
lube the door check straps and sunroof track. do the check straps at about every oil change, pending use i supsoe, and the sunroof, problaby about every 50k miles. The maint. schedule lists these items though. I don't use my sunroom much and hae yet to lube it. It stays closed most of the time.

edit: ooops, forgot to mention what to oil it with. most people just use some good white lithum grease, failing that there are special part numbers from vw, they look like lithum grese to me.

Oh, and even thoug it isn't listed in the maint. schedule, i like to lube my manual tranny gear selectors once in a while. 30k maybe. Unless you wash your engine, then you may need to lube them more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts