VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals.

I've been following a topic on another forum about heated washer jets. Someone said VW should fit heated windscreens. I said Ford used to have the patent on these because they developed them. Someone else said
My Passat has a heated windscreen, along with heated washer jets and heated rear seats (front heated as standard). Winter pack on the Passat - wonderful this time of year. That's what the extra button is for on the heater controls, four buttons above the dials instead of the three on the Golf.
I don't know what year or model of Passat he's talking about but have any of your Passats got a heat front windscreen? This is something I've never heard of with VW. ;)

You have to join to read this thread.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=110202&page=4

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've never heard of this on any VW. I had a Subaru that had a defrost strip along the windshield wipers to help unfreeze the wipers.

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers.

offtopic2

@grn04 - Car: green car is that all you are going to tell us. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
The passat cc seems to have it Keith. I just googled "vw passat with heated windscreen" and there's quite a few for sale etc.

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2004 :)
Its strange that only the Passat has one but none of the others, I wonder if its an optional extra as it is on a Ford?

Well a 2004 green car doesn't tell us much does it? You're having a :nana2: aren't you? ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys/gals.

I've been following a topic on another forum about heated washer jets. Someone said VW should fit heated windscreens. I said Ford used to have the patent on these because they developed them. Someone else said

I don't know what year or model of Passat he's talking about but have any of your Passats got a heat front windscreen? This is something I've never heard of with VW. ;)

You have to join to read this thread.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=110202&page=4
Heated windscreen? That's cool. Does it work via air ducts or electric elements, because there's always been a defrost setting on the knobs where the air blows at the windscreen.

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because there's always been a defrost setting on the knobs where the air blows at the windscreen.
On what car the one you drive which is what? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum Andy. welcometomyturbodies

Thats what I said. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just done a search on the other forum for heated windscreen and they talk about the heated washer jets and in the Passat section they say.
The washer jets are all heated ones. VW just don't fit wiring to some cars. Should be easy to add a couple of wires to each jet and run them to a fuse box.
They give the part numbers and connector loom number.

And they say the have heated windscreens. So is the Passat the only VW model that has heated windscreen and washer jets as standard? ;)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
VWs in North America with the cold weather package (standard on Jetta TDI, optional on Golf) have heated washer jets but I have still never seen a heated windshield. Is it activated with the knob that lets you direct cabin air flow? Because there's always been an option to point it at the windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts