VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced turbocharger and removed low pressure EGR pipe when removing old turbo (the one attached to EGR cooler with 2 triple square bolts). Also removed DPF at the same time, and it will be tuned out as a part of Malone stage II. Does the EGR pipe need to be put back for the turbo to function properly?
I also removed metal vacuum line going from DPF to EGR cooler. Does the vacuum line inlet in EGR cooler needs to be plugged somehow?
Does EGT sensor that sits in the back of turbo need to be plugged back into EGR cooler? I presume it will be tuned out as well. Is it OK to just cut the EGT sensor cable and use EGT sensor as a plug in the turbo?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Sure, why not. Go ahead and FUBAR your car. Hint: The time to understand how your car functions is before you destroy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this a custom exhaust? I have installed a few straight pipes on the 2.0 and the kits came with everything, block off plates etc. You should be able to block off that gold pipe.to the EGR if it's tuned out. Check the rawtek exhaust site for the PDF instructions. I used them for a bit.the first time but just went I to it as it was self explanatory once you get going at it. You'll end up removing things that once had plugs so just tie them off no need to CUT them.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts