VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in this too. ai have been told that I cannot add a camera onto a RNS315 but saw a webpage that shows removal and installation of the RNS 315 and says it can take a camera. I have a 2013 Golf TDI. Any help or clarity appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am currently working on this as well! I used my VW cards from the dieselgate apology and picked up an RNS 510 G series and the factory wiring kit from a golf, along with the latch camera. It has direct plugs for the back of the head unit, and rear camera latch. I am trying to figure out what I would do to run the wiring for the backup activation as well as to the fuse box? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No, it's not plug and play in mkv, in mkvi jetta the handle with the camera fits right in, for mkv I think the best thing to do is what malooshack did
I just finished installing a backup camera from a MK6 into an MK5. It is kinda a pain. I used the parts listed from the article. The camera you can get on Ebay cheap enough or a scrap yard. The harness I ordered from Carsystems in Poland. The trunk lid will need to be modified. The license plate lights assembly 1T0827574K with the trunk lid handle will need to be cut. New wires will need to run from the connector to the license plate lights. I soldered grounds and powers wires from the front side of the connector housing. The hole where the trunk handle is located will need to be enlarged to accept the camera assembly. I came up with a hinged mounting device due to no infrastructure in the deck lid to mount the handle camera assemble. I made it from aluminum angle stock and flat stock with two small hinges so the bracket will be able to self center. You will more than likely destroy the harness going from the body to the deck lid the grommet is held in with 4 tangs and 2 of the four brake when removing.. The part number of the original harness is 1K5972175 it is no longer made. The replacement part number is 1K5972175H and the harness is miss-built so the harness with need to be taken apart and fixed. If you're careful you will be able to run the harness for the camera through the new body to deck lid harness. Put tape on the end of the video harness we don't want to brake any pins. Running the camera harness to the dash is strait forward. I installed a Eonon GA9353 radio and it is a perfect fit in the dash. NO DASH TRIM MODIFICATIONS needed. Eonon calls for a A0580 decoder if you have a factory camera. Don't buy this unit it is junk, I had two sent to me and neither worked. Use the Scosche CRTVW01plugged it in and the image was clear. I didn't take pictures because it took a while to install properly. It looks like it came from the factory with the unit.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts