VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Sportwagen TDI DSG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I have a bad T-stat as the car won't stay at operating temp for any extended period of time. Had issues all winter, but chalked it up to crazy cold temps here in ND. This has now caused the car not to perform it's Regen.

I am not finding a write-up about how to drain the coolant and perform a coolant flush. I have some coolant leftover from the timing belt R&R I did a couple years ago, but I don't know the capacities I need. I plan to drain the system, replace the thermostat and necessary gaskets (which I might like to find all the part #'s), refill with distilled water, drain, perhaps run another distilled water flush, then refill finally with the coolant.

Just ran across this: Fluid Capacities: All TDIs 2009-2015

Anyhow, so far I ordered:
Mahle T-stat 03L121111AC
Throttle Body Gasket 03L131547B
Dip Stick Tube O-ring N90043201

Looking for the Double O-ring that seals the plastic tube to the thermostat.

What else am I missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check this out. I've done it on a CKRA Passat and a CJAA Golf worked great.

·
Registered
2010 Sportwagen TDI DSG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Hope my shop vac is up to the task! I also need to see where to recycle the old coolant locally.

Since mine seems to be stuck open, perhaps I can suck most of the coolant out before I begin removing the parts.

Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sure thing! Quick oil change places around me will usually take old coolant. Last resort it can usually be taken to Hazardous Waste disposal at local dump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts