VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to stop the horn from going off when I lock my car using the remote? I have VCDS. I don't know what control module to use etc...

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Go to convenience and change long coding.

I don't have a 2011 specific step by step pictorial so if you could make one, it would be extremely helpful! You can take screenshots on your computer by pressing the printscreen button. If you don't have photo editing software you can paste it into window's bitmap editor. Than save it. Take a screenshot of each step and it'll qualify for the writeup contest, a new period began this month.

Here is how it's done on the mk5 cars: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/vcds-vag-com-tweaks.htm
The specific option is "locking confirmation"

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can do it without VCDS. It's called ATA Confirm in the MFD.

EDIT: Sorry just saw that you have a 2011 Sedan. This may not be the case and a LOT of people are complaining about loss of this function on the 2011 sedans, even in VCDS, because of the new platform. YMMV.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Its funny you mention that ATA confirm fujii13, I have a '10 golf and never had that in my MFD until today when I was in the VCDS and was playing around. I guess I did something because the ATA confirm and a checkbox appeared in my MFD which I noticed after the fact, I was really doing something else and I saw ATA comfirm and said to myself "what the hell is that", I've never had it before. Was it a MK5 thing?

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
I've never noticed the ATA confirm in the MFD menus though I don't want my horn sounding when I lock the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts