VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/dieselgeek-short-shifter-review-install.htm

Here is the full review and video (link above), overall I'm very satisfied with the product. Installation was simple and it's difficult to mess it up if you can follow instructions. Throws are shorter but not intolerable and shift engagement is much better. Cable shifted cars like VW - Porsches and most front wheel drive cars use cables to move the shift linkage at the transmission. Some rear wheel drive cars have the shifter right on top or right next to the linkage. If you've ever driven a Miata, the shifter is pretty much directly connected to the transmission. The metal bushings that the dieselgeek short shifter use pretty much make the shifter as close to a direct shift transmission as possible.

This the sigma 5 shifter for 5 speed cars. The sigma 6 is for 6 speed cars.

How tolerable a sport suspension is varies from person to person and road conditions but I can't think of anyone who wouldn't like this shifter. They make them for mk4, mk5, and mk6, and Audi TT. Here is how it looks finished:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I have a BRM short shifter on my Ibiza 130TDI and it works very well giving a more positive gear change which helps avoid messed up gear change when in action on the track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts