VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try it out this weekend, hope it works as well as I've heard it should. Does the diesel purge liquid need to be filtered before/as it's used? Would running it through a new fuel filter help, hurt, or not really matter? How about just replacing the fuel filter filled with DP, would that introduce enough DP to make a difference? :dunno
Thanks for the advice, Tom

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
You don't need to filter it. I suggest just connecting the DP hose directly to the fuel lines. TDIparts supplies hoses for this purpose. It's designed to be run directy into the engine. Some recommend changing the fuel filter afterwards.

Here is how most people do it: take a clean container, fill it with DP, and stick one end of the hoses in there, other clamped to the fuel lines. (pic from dieselgiant vendor). An inline filter is a good idea since any crud that goes back into the bottle shouldn't be put back into the fuel system.

Here is a writeup:
http://www.dieselgiant.com/vw_diesel_maintenance_tip.htm#Jetta_Tdi_injector_purge

The below picture pretty much says it all, just put the inline filter on either fuel line.

·
Registered
67 Posts
FYI, the engine will run fine off diesel purge. I think diesel purge is mostly fuel and some strong additives.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
purge complete

Thanks for the advice. Ran 2 cans of DP through the engine. Gained 40hp and 55ft/lbs of torque! Just kidding! No obvious increase in power, but might be a bit quieter. The little bit left at the end was slightly discolored, but no chunks or bits floating around, good news I hope.(note, fair amount of heat produced by return line, possible energy source for my sterling powered air conditioner?):D
Again, thanks for the advice, Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts