VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive finally managed to get it timed up today so........ turned it and wouldn't start so i played around with the pump timing (loosened the bolts on the pump pulley) and hay presto it started BUT wasn't running correctly so i began the pain staking process of starting at the top of the slide on the pulley and moving it a little at a time and i mean a little bit at a time litrally 2mm a time and still wouldnt run properly it shakes the car when its running as if its running on 3 cylinders!! also because of the amount of times loosening and tightening the bolts in the pulley one of the slider bolts snapped so thats another job for me to do!! SO has anyone got ideas on why its running so S.H.1.T. as if its running on 3 it drives but like i said it shakes the car and no power hardly plase please please has anyone got any ideas?? im getting a bit pis**d off with it now 3 days ive been at it now after having to find an allen key i dropped into the engine which too me a full day to find very frustrating i must say lol

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
First, get a torque wrench. The injection pump bolt should not snap. They were probably overtightened. Put the engine back at TDC and triple check all the marks. Make sure you're actually looking at the flywheel TDC stamp and the #1 camshaft lobes are both up and form a V (I think the AHF is a SOHC engine).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts