VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, how can I determine the build date of my jsw? I looked on the driver side door sticker, but it's not there.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Really? After you open the door are there any stickers on the door side in addition to the car side of the door jamb? There is a sticker on your JSW TDI's upper timing belt cover with the engine code. There might be some info there but I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
9,093 Posts
Look in the trunk by the spare tires. There should be a build sheet there.
Yes the other half of that sticker is on the front page of the service book.

Also if you don't know your service interval long or short that also is on the sticker.

To find out which service interval your cat has then just open the service schedule book. On the first page there should be a sticker with the car details on it, VIN number engine code and transmission code. Then there are 7 rows of numbers and characters further down. On the third row mine shows 3 characters then a space, three more characters the QG1, then a space and three more blocks of three characters.

QG1 is the shorter 10,000 miles and the QG2 is longlife 20,000 miles service. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes the other half of that sticker is on the front page of the service book.

Also if you don't know your service interval long or short that also is on the sticker.

To find out which service interval your cat has then just open the service schedule book. On the first page there should be a sticker with the car details on it, VIN number engine code and transmission code. Then there are 7 rows of numbers and characters further down. On the third row mine shows 3 characters then a space, three more characters the QG1, then a space and three more blocks of three characters.

QG1 is the shorter 10,000 miles and the QG2 is longlife 20,000 miles service. ;)
Not completely applicable in North America. First, the page for the build info is not the first page in the US edition, but is way inside on page 23. In addition, US dealers are often very lax about putting the build sticker in the service book.

Even more different is that we don't have any longlife service vehicles here in the US, and in fact, the service code on my build sticker (which was delivered to me in a ziplock bag with the tire warranty and the satellite radio stuff) shows "QG0" - I don't think either the QG1 or QG2 types are valid for North American cars.

·
Super Moderator
9,093 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Question, how can I determine the build date of my jsw? I looked on the driver side door sticker, but it's not there.

Thanks in advance
PM me your VIN # and I can tell you the exact date your vehicle was manufactured along with any options installed.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was able to find the build sticker in the trunk. You definitely need a key to decode it. I was also able to find the sticker wiu the build date in the drivers side door sill, I have no idea how I missed it there the first time.

June '10 for me.

I would definitely be interested in a build sheet if that's possible though

·
Super Moderator
9,093 Posts
PM me your VIN # and I can tell you the exact date your vehicle was manufactured along with any options installed.
So what are you using for this? ETKA doesn't give you any build details nor does any web link. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
...QG1 is the shorter 10,000 miles and the QG2 is longlife 20,000 miles service. ;)
Is there a difference in how the engine performs between the "QG1" & "QG2"? I woul donly guess mine is a QG1 since my intended service intervals are 10K. I do know I have the door jamb sticker giving the build date.

·
Super Moderator
9,093 Posts
Is there a difference in how the engine performs between the "QG1" & "QG2"?
No VW say something like if you commute 25 miles or more then your engine should get hot enough to burn any water off so they would recommend the longlife 20k service interval. If you do a lot less then they suggest the 10k service interval. The other half to that info label is stuck to the boot floor. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,093 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts