VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was in an accident with my 2000 VW Jetta 1.8T with a chipped ECU. Decide to keep the wreck and transfer the wheels, suspension, engine and trans into a new car. Bought a 2003 Jetta 1.8T with an automatic, was not running, transmission was on back seat, got a good deal. I succesfully swapped the engine, ecu, cluster etc. Car ran fine, but power windows, sunroof, mirrors would not operate. Was using the old keys from my car with Immo II. Tried everything to get windows etc to work, no luck. Finally, I decided to put the old instrument cluster back in, viola, everything works but the engine shuts down after 1 second due to immobilizer. The key that came with the car does not work. I would put an Immo 3 cluster in the car but have no keys. Was wondering if there was a way to bypass the immobilizer?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
As a guess, the windows problem could be related to teh central convenience module, CCM and some compatibility problem. Does keyless entry work? The reason the original cluster is activating immobilizer is because you're mixing keys-cluster-ecu.

"The key that came with the car does not work." Why not? Did you change the ignition cylinder? If not, how did you start the engine with the old key?

Who chipped the ECU? You have to reflash the ECU to do a full immobilizer delete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts