VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the redesigned 2011 Volkswagen Jetta should arrive at dealers before summer's end, the Jetta TDI is going to show up late. But not as late as the last one did. Volkswagen officials told Inside Line this week to expect the next diesel Jetta in early 2011.

Most likely, the engine will be a carryover, meaning the 2011 VW Jetta TDI will still have a direct-injected, diesel four rated at 140 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque, and available with either a six-speed manual gearbox or the six-speed DSG dual-clutch gearbox.
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...etta-tdi-will-arrive-in-1st-quarter-2011.html

Who are "Volkswagen officials"? Since new cars normally hit the dealers in fall, this isn't too bad but why the delay?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the update. I had been waiting for the 2011's but changed my mind last week and bought the last 2010 sedan that my dealer had in stock. With all the rumors - drum brakes, solid rear axle, smaller body - I just didn't want to take that chance. I guess time will tell if I screwed-up or not, but in the mean time I'm having a blast breaking in my new black gem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You didn't screw up, you got the car that you paid for when you wanted it. Solid rear axle wasn't that bad for trunk room - it opened up more space.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You didn't screw up, you got the car that you paid for when you wanted it. Solid rear axle wasn't that bad for trunk room - it opened up more space.
Don't forget the high trunk, I think it's high because of the suspension. Then again, the front is high too but I think that's the styling and probably for space and aerodynamics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts