VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 15 golf TDI manual trans. Two questions what is the capacity of the DEF tank? An how much DEF does your car use. I am using about 2 1/2 gallons per 2500 miles about 4 percent of fuel usage. Car has a Kerma tune and runes great.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing in the owners Manual. The capacity is 14.5 litters. Still would like to know how much other people are using. My car uses about 2 1/2 gallons per 2500 miles

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Nothing in the owners Manual. The capacity is 14.5 litters. Still would like to know how much other people are using. My car uses about 2 1/2 gallons per 2500 miles
Apples and oranges, you have a tune!

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Okay I didn't realize that a tune would effect def usage. Thanks
If you change fueling and turbo, then DEF either keeps up or not. So your results/number/speculations would be skewed.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
https://carmanuals2.com/get/volkswagen-golf-sportwagen-2015-selective-catalytic-reduction-adblue-59413

Here's a link to download the Selective Catalytic Reduction adBlue documentation that should have come with your vehicle.

I pulled this from the end of the document:
--------------
AdBlue is stored in a separate tank of the vehicle and should be refilled under normal driving conditions during service according to the maintenance schedule. The AdBlue tank holds about 4 gallons (about 15.4 liters).
AdBlue consumption depends on individual driving style, system operating temperature, and outside air temperature. Therefore in rare cases AdBlue may have to be refilled between service events.

--------------

Also interesting to note that at the beginning of the document it is stated that VW recommends AdBlue, but any DEF that meets the IOS2241-1 spec is ok to use.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Does any of this script change any of the ships stats? Im running Moxys M7 mod and dont want anything to interfere.

Looks very good. Im keen to play it if it integrates ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 15 golf TDI manual trans. Two questions what is the capacity of the DEF tank? An how much DEF does your car use. I am using about 2 1/2 gallons per 2500 miles about 4 percent of fuel usage. Car has a Kerma tune and runes great.
My 2015 TDI Sportwagen consumes Def Blue at a rate of 1.15%. That's after 10k miles on a full; take (3.83 gal).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts