VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticing a slow decline from
39-40mpg to 35-36mpg on my 2014 tdi sport wagon. Also noticed that the trip computer always calculates 2-3mpg higher than if I do the math based on fill up gallons and miles on the trip.
Anyone have any suggestions? The dealer replaced rear calipers and I replaced front calipers recently and I was hoping that would help but hasn’t made a difference. Decline has been over the last year or so.

fuel and air filters are within the last year.
Missing my old alh that got 45+mpg…

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Noticing a slow decline from
39-40mpg to 35-36mpg on my 2014 tdi sport wagon. Also noticed that the trip computer always calculates 2-3mpg higher than if I do the math based on fill up gallons and miles on the trip.
Anyone have any suggestions? The dealer replaced rear calipers and I replaced front calipers recently and I was hoping that would help but hasn’t made a difference. Decline has been over the last year or so.

fuel and air filters are within the last year.
Missing my old alh that got 45+mpg…
Winter fuel always decreases MPGs
I see that you’re in the Vermont are you letting the car warm up for a while before you start driving ? That’s hurts MPGs as well

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any change in driving habits? I will typically drive extreme grandpa mode until the car warms up. How may miles do you have on it? I had an extreme mpg drop before I had to replace the cam on my 2005 Passat. RPMs were too high and would take too long to get to highway speeds which killed the mpg

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
My mpg dropped significantly when my thermostat went bad. I could see the running temperature was down a little with the OEM gauge, so you'd probably know if you had that same issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts