VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He said that if I were to order a vehicle today, it wouldnt be built until Sept, then its about 90 days to arrive in the dealership.

That means the earliest I'd be able to get it would be early December.

Is this the situation elsewhere? I dont know if it's just this dealership or what...

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
It's a matter of allocations. If they don't have the allocation the car won't get built until they have an open slot. Even still, December is way too long.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Arg....

that sounds like a 2011 model !

I wonder what the base price MSRP will be by then?

I sure hope for you and many others that this is unreliable info.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FYI, slots normally move forward due to cancellations, backing out buyers, or even multiple deposits at multiple dealers. If your dealer told me that I would be one of those cancellations!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My experience with the Audi A3 TDI has been just the opposite -- the delay got longer as time went on. When I placed the order (from dealer's allocation, requesting specific options) back in October, I was told I'd get the car between Xmas & New Years. Now, they tell me I won't get the car until the first week of March, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it were delayed again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is why my wife is now driving a 2010 GTI

He said that if I were to order a vehicle today, it wouldnt be built until Sept, then its about 90 days to arrive in the dealership.

Is this the situation elsewhere? I dont know if it's just this dealership or what...
My dealer was pulling this nonsense, too. Eventually I gave up and bought her a 2010 GTI. Some thoughts: 1. I saw a recent Car and Driver review that said that only the Canadian models get the electric auxiliary heater- you may find the US spec model slow to warm the cabin. I'm glad I have the GTI given that. 2. If you STILL want a TDI, put down multiple refundable deposits at multiple dealers. This seems to be the only way of getting a car to your specs. I wish I had known that trick earlier- we might have 2 TDs instead of just one in the household.

·
Registered
189 Posts

I don't know but my dealer says 12-18 weeks from order to delivery. I'm ordering a car in late July with hopes of it coming in Jan of 2011. But like anything and everything... things can change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My experience with the Audi A3 TDI has been just the opposite -- the delay got longer as time went on. When I placed the order (from dealer's allocation, requesting specific options) back in October, I was told I'd get the car between Xmas & New Years. Now, they tell me I won't get the car until the first week of March, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it were delayed again.
I had the same experience with my A3. Ordered beginning of Decemeber for dealer's March allocation. Now they say it's slated to arrive June 1st. I was pissed off. Dealer tried to put a good spin on it -- giving me some BS that Audi build status is "worst case scenario" so it should arrive sooner than that... <sigh> :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Canada so it may be a bit different, but I suspect there is a similar situation in both countries with ordering these. I ordered my 4dr 2010 golf TDI in October...literally the very first week they were available for ordering...and just got the car yesterday after 4 months of waiting. I was told that even if you wanted one you can't order them anymore. I understand wanting to limit the supply and living in a country with a very small % of global vw sales, but it seems a bit ridiculous to limit it this much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts