VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do belive that all dealers are not the same. I have a good opinion about Bayside VW in NY. Compare to dealers in Queens area i do belive they stand above others.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good to hear they took care of you. Some dealers will just try to brush you off until the warranty period expires.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think a good dealer is an oxymoron. You pay 2x the price and their mechanics usually aren't much better than the local garages. The locals work on VWs too. It would be nice to keep a list though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gunther VW in Coconut Creek, Florida is excellent, I've had a good experience there since 2005 and they don't gouge as much as some others. The fact that they have most of the same service writers there for over 5 years helps!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I've heard good things about them as well. I think they are the #1 VW dealer in the country and have lots of vintage cars and collectibles in the showroom. I'm wary of dealer ratings because I came across a VW which had a misdiagnosis so common to that body style that the dealer should have done the misdiagnosed repair for free for apologizing for not fixing the problem. I won't mention them because it could have just been a bad tech that day but some people have said they were great. Another car I worked on was serviced at a "trusted TDI mechanic" shop for years and they couldn't fix a problem that every mk3 TDI will have. The point is that your experience may vary.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, Gunther has several beautifully restored Beetles, Vans and other Vdubs from the 50's and 60's, along with old gas pumps. The display must be worth a a lot, the cars are restored to high standards and there are about 10 of them.

I've never seen additional stickers for worthless paint sealant, fabric protectant and pinstripes on Gunther cars and they don't charge over sticker for hard to get models like TDI's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts