VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summary - a guy moves into a homeowner's association organization.

The HOA then sells all of the parking spots to a 3rd party. They require parking passes or else they boot your car. The guy forgets to put out the pass one day and even though he's parked in the same spot for months, they boot his car.

So...he puts the car on dollys and rolls it into his garage. He was going to do major work on it so he isn't going to be driving it anyways. If they want the boots they are free to take them and since he didn't cut them off, damage them, no crime has been committed, so the cops can't arrest him for theft. He even told them what happened and that they are free to take the boots!

Epic thread, it's pretty long, but there's a summary on page 50.

http://forums.thecarlounge.com/zerothread?id=3880087&page=51

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
The owner of the parking enforcement looks like a douche. That is why I would hate to live in a HOA area. A home is your castle, with a HOA, you can no longer do what you want and any petty neighbor can legally screw you. I could care less whose grass goes longer between mowings or a parked car on the street, as long as there's no loud noise or illegal activity, just leave your neighbors alone. If you don't like it, build a fence.

As for booting a car, if you had a child who needed to go to the emergency room or an important meeting...I would be...

·
Registered
137 Posts
That really pisses me off. Give them a ticket if there's something wrong, don't boot a car. How do you sell a private parking spot? I knew someone who had a slammed car, I'll be that you couldn't boot that.

I wonder if it's legal to put a boot on their boot?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That really pisses me off. Give them a ticket if there's something wrong, don't boot a car. How do you sell a private parking spot? I knew someone who had a slammed car, I'll be that you couldn't boot that.

I wonder if it's legal to put a boot on their boot?
But how would you get the boot off your car if you didn't remove your boot:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts